The Future Energy Nigeria conference and exhibition is proud to host this year’s highly anticipated Women in Power Luncheon, which will take place during the event on 13 November in Lagos.
“The Women in Power Luncheon aims to celebrate the role that women play in the energy and power sectors” says Women in Power coordinator Yolisa Nyoka, “and the great contributions they make in shaping Africa’s economic future. We have really exciting guest speakers who are pioneers in their field, so this is a fantastic opportunity for the business women in the sectors to meet up and be inspired, do peer-to-peer networking, hear from the trailblazing champions in the field and expand their field of influence.”
“Mama Renewable Energy”
The welcome opening address for the Women in Power Luncheon will be delivered by Chief (Mrs) Anita Nana Okuribido, President of the Women in Renewable Energy Association in Nigeria. Widely and fondly known as “Mama Renewable Energy” in the region, Mrs Okuribido says “I feel very privileged to plan along with Future Energy Nigeria to launch the Women in Power platform in Nigeria having done a successful launch in Kenya.”
Another Nigerian female power pioneer that will be speaking at the event in November is Ms Olasimbo Sojinrin, Country Manager for Solar Sister.
Discussion and talking points in the programme include:
• Update on projects supporting the role of women within the energy sector
• Breaking ground for women in power
• Status of the emancipation of women-owned businesses in the energy sector
• Spotlight on renewable energy business opportunities for women
• Assessing the role of women empowerment and gender equality in a male dominated sector
• Highlighting the unique partnerships supporting women within the energy sector
ABOUT FUTURE ENERGY NIGERIA
The 16th edition of this longstanding conference and exhibition will gather the industry to discuss and showcase solutions for the power sector and connect power and energy professionals working together to advance a sustainable energy economy.