For all it is associated with, November is perhaps most famous for hosting the annual celebration of global consumerism.
Black Friday, as it is known in the United States where the term originated but more fittingly re-christened Yakata by Nigeria’s e-Commerce giant Konga, is a period when prices are expected to crash or fall Yakata in the local parlance.
If you are one of the savvy Nigerians with an eye for the best deals and prices this Black Friday season, then you would know by now that, you are better off waiting for Konga Yakata. If you are still in doubt, here are six reasons why you had better wait until November 8th 2018 to get those items on your long shopping list:
1. Biggest Shopping Event of the Year: Konga Yakata holds the enviable record of being the single biggest shopping activity of the year, going by the sheer volume of products and deals made available online and offline for the 20-day-long shopping extravaganza. This year, millions of items are going on sale from Thursday November 8th through Wednesday, November 28th 2018. No other sales event comes close.
2. The name Yakata says it all: Yakata, in the local parlance, means crashing or a heavy fall. Konga Yakata is synonymous with crazy discounts on all categories of products: mobile phones, laptops/computing products, electronics, home/kitchen appliances, fashion items, wine/spirits, consumer goods and much more.
In line with the Yakata theme, these prices are by the far the most competitive you will ever find in the market at this time of the year, so why spend more when you can just enjoy Yakata?
3. Why wait for Fridays when you can Yakata every day? One of the most important reasons you need to embrace Yakata like a long-lost friend is simple: every day is Konga Yakata. You do not have to delay or wait for specific days immediately the whistle goes for the Konga Yakata feast.
From November 8th, you can shop to your heart’s content every day until November 28th.
In addition to enjoying the same Yakata prices every day, there are also flash sales, treasure hunts and other special give-away to spice up the month-long mega event. Amazing, right?
4. Online and Offline – Konga Yakata has got you covered: With Konga Yakata, you have a choice.
While everyone else is involved in the mad rush online, you can simply walk into any Konga store nearest to you to do your Yakata shopping without much stress.
What’s more, you can place your orders online and choose to pick up the items yourself at a Konga store of your choice. Conversely, you can walk into any Konga store, check out the items in-store and still choose to place your orders online right there in the store for onward delivery to your doorsteps – home or office.
What about your friends, families, parents or enemies who reside in far-flung locations in Nigeria where online shopping is still a myth? Not to worry!
They can also partake in the shopping fiesta simply by walking into a Konga store in their location.
5. Multiple payment and delivery options with no stories: You can pay cash at any Konga store, pay online, pay through Konga Pay or pay on delivery of your item. These are just some of the multiple payment options you can count on during Konga Yakata.
Also, you don’t have to endure delayed deliveries of your items, as is often the case during this busy shopping season. With Kxpress, a world-class in-house logistics company, you are assured swift delivery of your orders nationwide. Plus, you can simply choose to personally pick up your items at the nearest Konga store at your own convenient time.
6. Guaranteed Genuine Products: Let’s face reality. Black Friday season is synonymous with the influx of loads of fake or sub-standard products which find their way into the hands of unsuspecting shoppers, eager to get a bargain.
What’s the benefit of spending your hard-earned money on fake products when you can wait for Konga Yakata? With Konga, you enjoy the added confidence of knowing that every item you purchase is sourced directly from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
7. Konga Yakata is proudly indigenous: For the benefit of the uninitiated or those who do not know, Black Friday is a foreign tradition which has been imported by several cultures but hardly adapted to suit local realities.
With Konga Yakata, which has remained for successive years a sales event worth looking forward to, you will be taking part in an activity which takes into account the peculiarities, traits and idiosyncracies that contribute to shaping the shopping habits of the average Nigerian.
Konga Yakata accommodates the innate yearning of the Nigerian shopper who would naturally like to feel, touch and see the product in action before parting with his/her hard-earned money;
Konga Yakata makes provisions for the unreached, the under-served Nigerians in the hinterlands and rural areas who have no access to the internet but who can walk into a nearby Konga store to shop; Konga Yakata appeals to the disposition of the shopper who craves the personal touch, warmth, welcoming smile and royal attention that the physical interaction with a store representative brings.
Most importantly, Konga Yakata indulges the impatient Nigerian shopper who would rather prefer to go and pick up the item in the store than wait for it to be delivered.
8. Konga Yakata has the most melodious tune: You can’t just stop yourself from moving to the wavy tune of the Konga Yakata jingle or get drawn into the visuals. If in doubt, please click here and here