The Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) has announced the body is set to host its Annual General Meeting and Elections that would usher in a new set of National Executive Council who will pilot the association’s affairs starting from April 2023.
The statement signed by ATCON Executive Secretary, Ajibola Olude disclosed that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Election into the Association’s National Executive Council (NEC) is slated to take place on April 4, 2023, by 9 am in Lagos.
Calling on all CEOs and Directors of qualified member companies, the body stated that the importance of the association in the Nigerian telecommunications sector has increased following the many challenges that the sector is constantly facing.
The Statement reads in part,
GUIDELINES FOR ATCON NEC ELECTIONS
In accordance with the Association’s Constitution, the following positions are open for contests in the elections:
1. National President
2. 1st Vice President
3. 2nd Vice President
4. National Secretary
6. Financial Secretary
7. National Publicity Secretary
8. Coordinator, Telephone Operators
9. Coordinator, Infrastructure Providers
10. Coordinator, Internet Services Providers
11. Coordinator, Manufacturer’s Representative
12. Coordinator, Equipment Dealers
13. Coordinator, Value Added Services
14. Coordinator, Consulting
• Any financial member, upon nomination by two other financial members of the Association, shall be eligible for election into any of the elective positions for a term of two years in the first instance subject to re-election for a maximum of two (2) at the Annual General Meeting where the election is held.
• To be qualified for an election, a candidate Must be a Chief Executive Officer or at least a Director duly authorized or designated to represent his/her company by its management.
3. Process of Nomination
• Any member wishing to stand for election into any of the offices listed on the Nomination Form should fill his/her name in the appropriate column and get two other financial members of the Association to sponsor and support his/her nomination.
• On the other hand, a member wishing to nominate another or other members for election should fill in the name(s) of the Nominee(s) in the appropriate column(s) and indicate the organization(s) of the nominee(s) as appropriate. Such a member must ensure that the other members he/she is nomination agree(s) to his/her/their nomination(s) by signing the appropriate part of the nomination form. Also, such member nomination must ensure that each nomination is supported by two financial members of the Association.
• The completed nomination forms should be duly signed and returned to the Secretariat not later than Friday, March 10, 2023.
• The Secretariat may be contacted for nomination forms or offer any assistance in respect of clarifying any of the above requirements or in the submission of the completed nomination form(s).
• Each member company is entitled to two votes per position. It is therefore expected that each member company will be represented by two delegates each casting one vote in respect of a position. However, where a single individual represents a company, that individual present at the AGM / Election shall cast only one vote on-behalf of his/her company.
• Voting shall be by Secret Ballot.
• Election shall be conducted by a duly constituted Electoral Committee to be appointed on the floor of the AGM by the outgoing Executive with the approval of members at the meeting.
• The Electoral Committee shall be dissolved upon the conclusion of the elections.
• Elected officers shall assume their posts immediately upon conclusion of the elections.